VISUAL ARTS STANDARDS
There are many concepts we cover throughout the year.
Lyndale's Core Knowledge Curriculum and the Minnesota/National Standards for Arts Education guide what is taught in my classroom.
Below are the five main areas the students' visual arts report card assesses.
1. Developing skills with a variety of materials
2. Applies knowledge of the elements of art and organizing principles of art
(Elements: Line, Shape, Color, Texture, Space, Form, and Value)
3. Acquiring a visual arts vocabulary
4. Makes creative choices within lesson guidelines
5. Recognizes works of art by culture, place and time
312 West 34th Street Minneapolis, MN 55408
Telephone: 612.668.4000 | Fax: 612.668.4010