There are 3 main district-wide assessments we take during the school year: Fastbridge, ACCESS, MCA. These are separate from lesson-based, unit assessments given by teachers in the classroom.
- The FAST assessments are given in the fall, winter and spring in areas of reading and math. The purpose of these assessments is to measure growth and inform our instruction and targeted interventions. These tests are adaptive.
- The testing windows for FAST are: FALL September 20-23, 2022, WINTER January 12-19, 2023 and SPRING May 2-5th, 2023. The tests typically take between 15-30 minutes per subject area.
- More information on FAST testing can be found here.
- ACCESS / WIDA assessment is given to our students who know and speak more than one language who are learning English. "These assessments are used to monitor English learners’ progress as they develop academic language skills in reading, writing, listening, and speaking." - MDE
- The ACCESS assessment will be given during the winter. The testing Window for Access / WIDA is January 20 - March 24, 2023
- More information can be found here: ACCESS and WIDA
The Minnesota Comprehensive Assessments ( MCA)
- The MCAs are given to students in grades 3 - 5 in areas in math, reading and science (only 5th grade).
- The "tests are administered every year to measure student performance relative to the Minnesota Academic Standards that specify what students in a particular grade should know and be able to do"- MDE
- The MCA testing window is March 6 - May 5, 2023.
- Due to the length of the tests, we break them up into chucks. Exact days: TBD.
You can find detailed our FAST, Access and MCA assessment calendar here.