Report an Absence
If your child is absent due to illness, please call the Lyndale Health Office at (612) 668-4007 DAILY to report the illness.
Am I Well Enough to Go to School? This resource from the Minnesota Department of Health provides useful information to help you decide if your child should attend school.
You can expect your child to be ill 5-7 days during a school year. Please have a child care plan for when your child is ill. Remember that a child ill with an infections disease can spread the disease when in contact with others in the family and community.
Please contact the Lyndale Health Office at (612) 668-4007 with any questions about when to keep a child home from school. Find out more on the MPS Health Services website.
Health Office Hours and StaffThe Health Office is open all student school days. Please call 612-668-4007 or stop by if you have any questions!
Food in the Classroom
With the number of students with life-threatening food allergies increasing, concerns about childhood obesity and financial concerns for families, the district has ed a new policy about food in classrooms.
- Teachers may choose to use food as part of the curriculum after notifying the principal and school nurse.
- Food will not be used as a reward or as an incentive in the classroom.
- Food will not be used for personal celebrations such as birthdays or holidays by teachers, families or students.
Because celebrating a birthday is fun and exciting to students, some nonfood ideas for celebrating are (but not limited to):
- The child's parent coming to read a favorite book to the class.
- The child reading a favorite book or telling a favorite story to the class.
- The child wearing a special birthday crown or hat.
- The child sharing a favorite show and tell item.
- Think creatively and find a special way to celebrate your child's birthday.