Welcome to Music!
In music, students learn best by doing. We are singing, playing Orff instruments, and dancing together.
Assumptions of Music from "Engaging Activities in the Arts—Music," Minnesota K-12 Academic Standards in the Arts
- Humans have a fundamental need to express themselves through music.
- Music is a complex integration of thinking, feeling and sharing.
- Music is a viable way of thinking and knowing.
- Music is grounded in culture.
- Music is a vital means of communication.
- Music provides symbolic representation of life.
Music Education Standards